Our family-oriented business is built on our core values of quality, innovation, safety, and transparency. We value our people, and cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace is important to us.
We invite you to take a look at our most recent career postings. Alternatively, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the job(s) below to see the current offerings here at FTC Ontario Corporation.
1. Working Site Supervisor
Reports To: Site Staff Manager
Working along side the Construction Project and reporting to the Site Staff Manager; the Working Site Supervisor reads and interprets drawings to in turns manage site construction, subtrades and labours in a safe environment through all stages of the project.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide proactive leadership in construction procedures to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Follow and enforce all Health and Safety policies and procedures, and ensure all workers have the proper training to perform their task
- Provide copies of all H&S certificates of all site staff to office
- Ensure all site staff are wearing the appropriate PPE for the task being completed
- Prepare and submit mandatory daily health and safety reports through mobile application
- Complete additional daily, weekly, and monthly reports required by H&S and Construction departments of FTC
- Assist the Construction Project & Site Manager(s) in preparing a project plan and schedule
- Anticipate and resolve potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties. Advise the Construction Project & Site Manager(s) as required
- Coordinate construction site mobilization
- Conduct site construction start-up, tailgate, in progress meeting(s) with subtrades and FTC site labour
- Review all construction documents (drawings, specifications, RFI’s, CO’s, CD’s) to determine the required equipment and calculate material requirements
- Receive and verify deliveries of material and equipment against approved shop drawings
- Establish the labour requirements, coordinate subtrades, supervise the work of construction site employees and oversee progress
- Attend coordination meetings with Construction Project & Site Manager(s), consultants, and client and/or his representatives.
- Liaise with client for access, storage, and alteration of building services
- In collaboration with Construction Site Manager, train and supervise new hires.
- Keep as-built drawings and construction site logbook up to date; perform follow-ups according to established procedures.
- Conduct project wrap-up alongside the Construction Project & Site Manager(s).
- Perform finish carpentry tasks such as installing trims, crown moldings, doors, stairs, molding and hardware
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, light weight steel, drywall, plastic, and other materials
- Build walls and install partitions
- Build and install framing for dropped ceilings, counters, indirect lighting, feature walls
- Operate and maintain in working condition various hand and power tools safely and efficiently
- Any other duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ICI construction, 3 years in a supervising position
- Post-Secondary education in construction management or related field
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to maintain a security clearance
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 Steps and First Aid/CPR Certification
- Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and weekends are required
- Exceptional knowledge of the various construction disciplines and plan reading ability
- Strong leadership, skilled people manager and decision maker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual in French and English is an Asset)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to supervise multiple projects at once
- Ability to present a professional image while building interpersonal and business relationships
- Occasional heavy lifting (exceeding 50kg)